That to the left is Jayne's Gastropub's wiener schnitzel and Gruyere spaetzle dish. It's wildly popular and they'll be serving it through Saturday, Dec. 22. Try it paired with Monkey Paw's Sweet Georgia Brown ale.
Bottlecraft's second location is poised to open in North Park soon, near the intersection of 30th and University—they've got their new signage up and everything. And, beginning next month, the craft-beer bottle shop is launching its beer club. Membership ($35 a month) gets you six bottles each month—selected by "expert Beer Curators"—invites to members-only events, discounts, and a head's up on when the shop gets rare beers in stock. January's curator is Stone Brewing's Bill Sysak, who'll provide tasting notes and his thoughts on each beer. Christmas gift idea?
In this week's Red List, we write about Saltbox's "End of Days" dinner and Hamilton's "End of Days: A Vertical Epic Event." Both happen on Friday, Dec. 21. Because on Dec. 22, it'll all be over, right? Click the link for more info.
In the Dec. 26 issue of CityBeat, we'll fill you in on what local cocktail crew Blind Tiger's up to. The trio just launched a new menu at South Park's Alchemy and it's top notch. Take a look:
* The Alchemist's Mule (Tru organic vodka, grapefruit lime cordial, Angostura bitters, ginger beer)
* Oro de Mayahuel (Fortaleza reposado tequila, honey, lemon juice, applewood tincture, smoked sea salt, Angostura bitters)
* There Will Be Blood (Banks 7 rum, Dry Sack sherry, orange juice, Cherry Heering)
* Newton's Night Cap (Powers Irish Whiskey, spiced apple cordial, sparkling wine)
* Juxtofizzition (Rittenhouse rye, Cruzan blackstrap rum, lemon juice, egg white, Angostura bitters, soda water, nutmeg)
* Glorious Revolution (Plymouth Gin, Bols Genever, Luxardo Maraschino, Pedro Ximinez sherry, Fennel bitters)